Sunday, May 6, 2012

Long absence

Wow, time flies.  It was not my intention to stop posting to this blog.  I went from being unemployed with tons of free time on my hands, to having a job that occupies most of my daily productive hours (plus a commute).  I'm still interested in blogging in general, and committed to the primary topic at hand (blogging the bible).  But I may post less frequently than I used to because of having less free time.  Hopefully in the future it won't take me 4 months between each post.

Another reason I stopped was that I was so disgusted by what I read in Leviticus 14.  I just went back to re-read what I had last posted, and it's really unconscionable.  I guess it's a good thing that nobody believes that this is an appropriate treatment for someone with leprosy (or that houses can be afflicted with leprosy), but it's really frightening that at any point at history people may have believed this stuff.  And that anyone who knows what's in this book would continue to defend it.

And I've just finished a post for Leviticus 15, which I'll post in a few minutes.  It doesn't get any better.  The unnecessary killing of animals, the disgusting blood rituals, the oppression of women, the inconsistencies and contradictions in the text itself, the really really bad writing: all of these continue in full force in this next chapter.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment